This is the second time I have made this Caramel Mud Cake in the last two weeks. The first cake disappeared before I could photograph it! I would like to be able to blame the kids, but I have to admit that I had my fair share, (okay, maybe a little more than my share).
The most divine thing about this cake is after one minute in the microwave, the white chocolate ganache becomes a syrupy sauce for the warm Caramel Mud Pudding. Whether you eat it as a pudding or cake it is amazing.
Caramel Mud Cake
- 185gm Butter
- 150gm White Chocolate
- 200gm Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Golden Syrup
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 t/s Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
White Chocolate Ganache:
- ¾ Cup Cream
- 450gm White Chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C/320F.
- Grease and line a 23cm round spring form tin.
- In a saucepan add butter, brown sugar and golden syrup. Stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add white chocolate, continue stirring until the chocolate is dissolved (you may need to turn the heat on for 1 minute).
- Once the chocolate is dissolved add the milk and stir until combined. Cool the mix in the saucepan for 5 minutes.
- To the saucepan add the flour, baking powder and eggs, mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into your lined springform tin.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours, the cake is cooked when an inserted skewer come out clean.
- Cool cake on a wire rack.
- Heat cream in a saucepan, remove from heat. Add the chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Put the ganache in the fridge to cool until it is able to be spread.
- Once cool spread ganache over the top and sides.
- Return the cake to the fridge in between layers if the ganache is too liquid.
Let me know what you think!