The Spanish theme was one I had been looking forward to tackling for this week’s challenge. I imagined putting up lots of gorgeous Tapas dishes which I have been meaning to try and never quite got around to cooking – Catalan Chickpea Salad being one of those.
Spanish cuisine is full of beautiful flavours and colours, and I’ve never met a Spanish meal that I didn’t enjoy. After taking a Spanish Tapas Cooking Class I was very keen to put together some great flavours for my beloved readers.
Unfortunately as the week approached things became quite hectic here and I have had to settle for this simple but delicious dish which I served with Aioli.
The photography for this week was also very rushed as I had a hungry family waiting for dinner and they were trying to eat the chorizo out of the Catalan Chickpea Salad while I was photographing the dish! It was lucky that no one lost a finger!
The other Spanish themed dish that I made was the traditional Spanish Omelette. The dishes were a great choice, they were tasty and quick, I will definitely make them again.
Simple Catalan Chickpea Salad with Chorizo
This recipe makes 4 generous side serves, or 2 main size serves.
- 2 T/s Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 200gm Chorizo Sausage, sliced
- 3 Sprigs Thyme
- 3 T/s Pine Nuts
- 400gm canned Chickpeas
- 1 Sml Tomato, finely chopped
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and sauté, onion, garlic, thyme and chorizo for 5 minutes gently.
- Stir in the tomato and mash it as it is cooking.
- Add the pine nuts, chickpeas and chopped parsley, heat through until the flavours have combined. Season with cracked pepper.
- Serve and enjoy.
What do you think of Spanish Food? Do you enjoy an evening of Tapas, sharing dishes with family and friends?