Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Please excuse my generalisation but Americans seem to be in love with the combination of chocolate and peanut butter.
Now I like peanut butter, I will occasionally spread a piece of toast with a generous scoop of the crunchy variety, but it’s not my “go to” product, and I don’t usually bake with it. So when this months Chocolate Party theme was Chocolate and Peanut butter I really had to think hard about the type of baked good my children would enjoy, which utilised the combination.
As it turned out I needn’t have been concerned. The kids were all over this Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie. I was lucky to get an opportunity to photograph it before it was completely demolished. I guess it goes to show 319 million Americans can’t be wrong.
So what was the fudge like? It was deliciously rich, sweet and chocolaty with a smooth, salty, crunchy creamy vein of warm peanut butter flowing through the middle. I didn’t get the opportunity to try the Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie cold as it didn’t last that long!
…but don’t take my word for it, try the recipe out for yourself.
- 120gm Butter
- 170gm bittersweet chocolate
- ¼ cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 3 lg eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- Prepare a 20cm brownie tray by lining with baking paper.
- Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees C.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and add the sugar and cocoa, stir until combined.
- Stir through the flour, vanilla, baking powder then the eggs.
- Once the batter is combined pour 3/4 of the mixture into the prepared tray.
- Microwave the 1/2 cup of peanut butter until it’s soft and liquid.
- Pour the peanut butter over the brownie base.
- Add the remaining brownie batter to the pan and swirl through gently.
- Bake for approximately 45mins depending on your oven. Remove the brownie from the oven when the batter appears firm in the middle.
- Cool brownies in the tray and cut when cool.
As I mentioned the Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie recipe was my entry to the Chocolate Party for May. This month the topic was “Chocolate and Peanut Butter”. If you want to find more delicious recipes using this flavour combination check out the other contributions at the bottom of the story.
If you would like to join the Chocolate Party the rules are as follows.
How to participate (the rules)
1.) Blog about your chocolate treat. Your recipe must include the two ingredients we choose. It can be a simple no bake treat or a sophisticated layer cake, the complexity level of the recipe is totally up to you.
2.) Include a link back to the Chocolate party page. Optionally, add the Chocolate Party logo in your blog post or on your sidebar.
3.) Your recipe must be published during the current month. Please do not link old recipes, they will be deleted.