This will be my second month of joining the Chocolate Party… it almost sounds like I joined a political party when I say it like that! Never fear, the chocolate party is a group of chocolate loving bloggers and cooks who make delicious dishes using chocolate and the monthly mystery ingredient.
This month the secret ingredient is ice-cream. The challenge is to use ice-cream in a dish with chocolate. We have been forbidden by our host to make chocolate ice-cream.
I struggled with this challenge a little for a while because I loathe photographing ice-cream. It is impossible! Just when you get the lighting right and the styling ok, you find you have a bowl of liquid where there once were reasonably perfect scoops of the frozen treat.
So in my mind I started to formulate a recipe. For ease of serving I wanted an ice-cream tart.
- 300gm Oreo Cookies
- 100gm melted butter
- 1 litre Cookies & Cream Ice-cream
- 150gm chocolate
- 3/4 cup pouring cream
- 1 cup cream
- 1 t/s vanilla paste
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- mini oreos
- Combine Oreos and butter in a food processor and pulse until they resemble fine bread crumbs.
- Press the crumb into flexible silicone cupcake moulds and then refrigerate.
- Process the ice-cream until just smooth.
- Spoon into moulds leaving 3mm from the top for the ganache.
- Place dessert in the freezer to set.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan and remove from the heat.
- Stir through the chocolate until melted and the ganache is smooth.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature.
- Pour ganache over the ice-cream tart and refrigerate.
- Whip the cream with icing sugar and vanilla.
- When serving pipe cream on the tart and add oreos, sprinkle with chocolate if desired.
This is a link up so please take a look below at all the other delicious Chocolate and Ice-cream desserts below posted by my fellow participants.
This months Chocolate Party was hosted by Roxana’s Home Baking and myself.