I have just started out blogging and wanted to share this delicious recipe with you. I call them Donut Cookies because they taste like donuts but in America they are known as Snickerdoodles. I hope you enjoy them.
- Cookie Mix
- 2 ¾ cups Flour (may need another 1 or 2 T/s)
- 2 t/s Baking Powder
- ½ t/s Salt
- 250gm Butter
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 2 Lg Eggs
- Cinnamon Chip
- 280gm White Chocolate
- 3 t/s Cinnamon
- Donut Dusting
- 3 T/s Sugar
- 3 T/s Cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- To make the Cinnamon Chip, melt white chocolate in microwave and add cinnamon and stir until combined. Line a tray with baking paper and pour chocolate over the chocolate mix. Spread the mixture very thinly over the paper and refrigerate until set. Once the chocolate has hardened break into little chips.
- Next prepare the Cinnamon Sugar, simply combine the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Reserve the mixture in a bowl for coating the cookies.
- Cream butter and sugar until the mixture is pale, light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix until combine. By hand add sifted dry ingredients and the pre- prepared cinnamon chips. Stir until ingredients are combined.
- Roll mixture into 50 small balls and press each ball into the cinnamon sugar ensuring that each cookie is completely coated.
- Place well spaced on a lined biscuit tray.
- Bake for 10-12 mins. Remove when golden to give a biscuit with a crisp crust and a soft cake centre. Cool on tray for two minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.
Although this is one of the first recipes I am sharing, trust me when I tell you these are just delicious. Best of all, the recipe makes a huge cookie tin full of Donut Cookies… or Snickerdoodles. Regardless of what you call them, you really do have to make them!