I have just started out blogging and wanted to share this delicious first recipe with you. I call them Donut Cookies because they taste like donuts but, in America they are known as Snickerdoodles. I hope you enjoy them.
Snickerdoodle Donut Cookies
- 2 ¾ cups Plain Flour
- 2 t/s Baking Powder
- ½ t/s Salt
- 250gm Butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 2 Lg Eggs
- 280gm White Chocolate
- 3 t/s Cinnamon
- 3 T/s Sugar
- 3 T/s Cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 180C/355F.
- To make the Cinnamon Chips; melt white chocolate in a microwave and add cinnamon. Stir until combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with baking paper. Spread the mixture very thinly over the paper and refrigerate until set. Once the chocolate has hardened break into little chips.
- Next prepare the Cinnamon Sugar; simply combine the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Reserve the mixture in a bowl for coating the cookies.
- For the Cookies; cream butter and sugar with your hand mixer until the mixture is pale, light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until combined. Add dry ingredients and the pre-prepared cinnamon chips. Mix on low speed until ingredients are combined.
- Roll mixture into 50 small balls and press each ball into the cinnamon sugar ensuring that each cookie is completely coated.
- Place on a lined cookie sheet, giving plenty of space to spread.
- Bake for 10-12 mins. Remove when golden to give a biscuit with a crisp crust and a soft cake centre. Cool on tray for two minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.