Would you like to try some cookie spoons with your cup of tea? I know I couldn’t refuse something as cute as one of these edible caramel and chocolate spoons.
There are so many possible ways to decorate them too!
The idea to make them came to me when I was developing a triple caramel cookie recipe. The cookie dough was extremely soft and wet, that is exactly how I wanted it because it produces a really crisp cookie. However, I knew I would have to refrigerate the dough if I wanted to make perfectly round cookies. Whilst looking at the dough on the spoon it occurred to me that cookie spoons would be so much fun to make.
I had to do a little more thinking to come up with how, to make the cookie spoons easily, but then remembered I had a mould to make chocolate spoons. After a quick search I found the moulds and began pushing the dough gently into the mould. It was that simple!
The dough I used for the spoons is a delicious caramel cookie dough that I am sure you will love in any cookie shape. I have dipped the complete cookies in a good quality dark chocolate and then topped them with some shredded coconut and “Creative Kitchen Choco Crispies.”
I didn’t have any mini marshmallows, but I imagine adding three to a spoon, and serving it with a cup of hot chocolate would also be really nice.
- 125gm soft butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 100gm Nestles caramel top & fill
- 1 1/4 cup SR Flour
- 1/4 tsp Roberts caramel essence *optional
- 150gm dark chocolate
- 2 tsp shredded coconut
- 2 tsp Creative Kitchen Choco Crispies
- 12 mini marshmallows
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees.
- In a small bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the caramel top and fill and beat for one minute on high.
- Transfer the ingredients to a bigger bowl and fold through the flour and caramel flavour.
- There is no need to grease the spoon moulds prior to use.
- Push the dough into the spoon moulds being careful not to over fill. They will rise slightly.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Leave in the cookies in the mould until the spoons are cooler and starting to firm up.
- Once cooled they cookies can be decorated.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in one minuted burst until liquid.
- Dip the cookie spoons in the chocolate one at a time.
- Place each spoon on baking paper and decorate as desired.
I hope you give these a try. It feels kind of strange to bite down on a spoon but they were very delicious. Caramel and chocolate are a match made in heaven!
This Gourmet Getaways recipe is brought to you by Woolworths online. Use this coupon code Coupon Code: WK315OFF to get $15 off your next online shopping experience. Homepage – text link.