Having a little princess in the family means that we are often planning fairy tea parties for visiting fairies, aka friends. Fairy wand cookies are the perfect magical, sugary treat for such gatherings.
Little girls really are made of “Sugar and Spice and all things nice.” It amazes me as my daughter grows just how girly and sweet she is becoming.
Like her mother anything “pretty” catches her eye. The set for this photo is made up of a few things we found at “Typo.”
I think we were both hoping the magic wand would get us to Paris. Anais has already told me that for her 10th birthday she wants to go to France and visit the Eiffel Tower. She has even started learning some French words.
Making the cookie fairy wands was as easy as poking a stick or paddle pop into a sugar cookie before baking.
I’m sure the fairies would be happy to decorate their own wands.
- 1 1/2 cups softened butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 5 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Royal Icing
- 1 Pkt Queens Royal Icing Mix
- 50mls water
- Queens colours and flavours as desired
- colour sugar
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Add the butter and sugar to a food processor and blitz until combined.
- With the food processor running add the eggs one at a time and the vanilla.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and stir through the flour and baking powder until combined.
- Divide the cookie dough into three. Roll each mound of dough into a 1 inch thick rectangle and wrap in cling film.
- Place the three serves of cookie dough into the freezer for at least 30 mins. (I usually save one or two of the dough packages for another baking day)
- Roll the dough into 6mm thickness and cut stars out.
- Careful push a stick or paddle pop into the star and place on a prepared cookie slide.
- Bake cookies for 12mins or until golden.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Mix the icing as directed on the packet.
- Pipe the outline of the star with the royal icing, repeat until all the stars have been outlined.
- Add water to the icing to give a flooding consistency.
- Fill the stars with the icing and decorate as desired.
If only I wasn’t too big to be a fairy. If you could have a wish in your own magical cookie fairy wand what would it be?
Now it’s time to announce the winner of our “Movie & a Meal” Chicken Tonight Giveaway.
Thank you to everyone who entered.