Can you feel the eerie change in the air??
October is the month of all hallows evening, the night the undead are able to wander the earth, and souls are at mortal risk. Never fear, the Chocolate Party has treats to appease these unfriendly spirits. This month “The Chocolate Party” theme is Halloween Candy.
We are given the task of creating a chocolate based treat which features Halloween candy. When ever I see American Halloween images the candy featured is usually candy corn. I had no idea what this sweet tasted like but I knew my “Chocolate Party” treat needed some candy corn.
The brownie recipe uses a rich bittersweet chocolate and produces a delicious dense brownie which would make a luscious dessert at a Halloween party.
- 120gm Butter
- 170gm dark bittersweet chocolate
- ¼ cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 3 lg eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 200gm dark chocolate
- 100ml cream
- 1 pkt candy corn
- Prepare 16 silicone cupcake moulds by greasing liberally with butter.
- Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees C.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add the sugar and cocoa, stir until combined.
- Stir through the flour, vanilla, baking powder then the eggs.
- Distribute the batter evenly into the cupcakes moulds.
- Bake for 10-15mins or until cooked.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the cream and allow to cool until thick.
- Spread the ganache over the cooled inverted cakes and decorate with candy corn.
This is a link up so please take a look below at all the other delicious Chocolate and Halloween Candy recipes below posted by my fellow participants.
This months Chocolate Party was hosted by Roxana’s Home Baking and myself.
Tell me readers, do you hold a Halloween party each year? Do you dress up and trick or treat? I look forward to Halloween so you will be seeing many more recipes like this from me leading up to the most unholiest of days.