We recently visited the Eumundi Markets and the kettle corn has made quite an impression on me. I felt the need to recreate this sweet and salty sensation at home. I have now perfected the recipe and technique and would love any comments from anyone who also tries this recipe.
- ½ cup popping corn
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 t/s popcorn salt
- Heat the oil in a saucepan with a lid, add the corn kernels.
- When the first popcorn bursts add the sugar and stir very quickly to coat, place lid on saucepan.
- It is really important to not let the sugar mix burn, so here is where we get our exercise.
- Shake the pan for three seconds, place on the heat for three seconds, shake for three seconds, place on heat for three.
- Keep repeating this pattern until the popcorn finishes popping.
- Pour immediately into a container and sprinkle with salt while turning the popcorn and breaking up any chunks, serve.
It is really important to have everything measured and ready to go because this popcorn waits for nobody! This is also not a child safe exercise, so little ones out of the kitchen.
Let me know what you think…