I have a treat for all the chocoholics! I’m sharing the most luscious Nutella Chocolate Fudge Brownie recipe EVER! Granted, my timing may be a little imperfect… I know we have just finished the chocolate binge known as Easter. I’m counting on the true chocolate lovers to embrace the mantra, “go hard or go home” and give this recipe a try.
The reward is a rich chocolate fudge brownie, topped with a luscious layer of squishy Nutella fudge. What could taste better? My favourite part is the Nutella fudge… I could probably almost eat that on it’s own!
Be warned though, this recipe makes quite a large slice… and it’s hard to stop at one piece! In the interest of saving my waist line I chose to make the Nutella Fudge Brownie when we were expecting friends for dinner.
I made sure to send our friends home with a “take away pack”. The following day I visited my dad and my nan off loading more of the slice. I know this sounds like I didn’t enjoy the chocolatey goodness, but that is not the case. Each time I packed up a “care package” to give to unsuspecting friends I ate almost as much as I packaged!
The problem with the slice is it isn’t TOO RICH! Which means you want to eat more… and more!
Even as I was taking the shots for this story one of the fudgey squares came a little too close to my mouth… you can see what happened…
Luscious Nutella Chocolate Fudge BrowniePrint Recipe
Chocolate Brownie Base
- 120 gm Butter
- 170 gm bittersweet chocolate
- ¼ cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 3 lg eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 395 ounce gm can Nestles Sweetened Condensed Milk 1 x 14 can
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate melts
- 1 cup Nutella 400gms or 1 x 14 ounce
Chocolate Brownie Base
- Preheat oven to 180 Degress Celcius or 350°F (176°C). Line a 9×9 baking pan with backing paper.
- Combine the butter, sugar chocolate and vanilla extract in a large saucepan and melt over a low heat.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little.
- Add eggs and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt to the saucepan and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until cooked
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, butter, chocolate melts and Nutella.
- Microwave for one minute intervals.
- Continue to stir and microwave until the mixture is smooth.
- Spread the Nutella Fudge over the chocolate Brownie base
*Note: The base doesn't need to be completely cooled before the topping is added.
- Refrigerate the slice until serving.
Other than the fact that this is YUMMY slice the other great point is it’s simple to make! The base is a melt and mix chocolate brownie recipe which uses just one bowl. Whilst the brownie cooks you make the fudge in the microwave in another bowl. Simple!
Tell me readers, do you ever get tired of chocolate? Can there really be too much of a good thing? Oh, and if you’re in the mood for another of my delicious Chocolate Brownies, try this Chocolate Caramel Fudge Brownie. It kind of ROCKS too 🙂