I have a confession to make. I get a little lazy in the winter. The cooler weather puts me into hibernation mode and I struggle to find my motivation. I tend to take advantage of shortcuts in the kitchen, and if I could put off grocery shopping until summer, I probably would.
One way I facilitate this winter hibernation is by having a well stocked pantry.
Since I am hosting a Chicken Tonight giveaway, I naturally have a few extra jars of Chicken Tonight in the pantry.
School holidays means a house full of children. My kids and their friends all love nachos in any shape or form.
This Chicken Tonight “Mexican Chilli Chicken Dip” is an original Gourmet Getaways recipe. It’s an adaptation of the traditional style cobb dips with a Mexican Chilli Chicken dish filling.
The dip is another in my “manfood range.” It’s ideal for eating whilst sitting under a blanket and watching the footy.
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded roast chicken
- 1 jar “Chicken Tonight” Chicken Parmigiana sauce
- 1/4 cup diced Jalapeno (El Paso)
- 2 Tbs vinegar from the El Paso Jalapeno jar
- 400gm canned corn (drained)
- 1 cobb loaf
- Heat the oven to 150 degrees.
- Cut the top of the cobb loaf and remove the bread from the inside. Leave a centimetre of bread around the crust for loaf structure.
- The bread which was removed from the loaf will be toasted and used for dipping. Place the cobb, the lid and the bread pieces on a baking tray and toast.
- In a large bowl add the “Chicken Tonight” Parmigiana sauces, shredded chicken, corn, jalapeno, and vinegar. Mix until combined.
- Place the chicken mixture in the microwave and heat on high for 3 minute or until hot.
- Remove the cobb from the oven when it is crusty.
- Just before serving, place the chicken mixture in the cobb and serve with corn chips and the reserved bread.
This dip may be a tasty, quick snack with chips or in the cobb, but the filling is very versatile and can be used in many other dishes.
The “Chicken Tonight” Mexican Chilli Chicken filling can be added to a tortilla wrap with lettuce, cheese and sour cream to make a simple but complete meal.
Now would you like to enter the Chicken Tonight and Gourmet Getaways Giveaway? We are giving two lucky readers a prize pack which includes the following items:
3 x Chicken Tonight Sauces
2 x Hoyts Kiosk Movie Vouchers
To enter simply tell me which of the “Chicken Tonight” sauces you would like to try, and give rafflecopter your details.