I have a confession to make. I get a little lazy in the winter. The cooler weather puts me into hibernation mode and I struggle to find my motivation. I tend to take advantage of shortcuts in the kitchen, and if I could put off grocery shopping until summer, I probably would. This tasty Chilli Chicken Dip is straight from the stocked pantry to the table.
One way I facilitate this winter hibernation is by having a well stocked pantry.
School holidays means a house full of children. My kids and their friends all love nachos in any shape or form.
This “Mexican Chilli Chicken Dip” is an original Gourmet Getaways recipe. It’s an adaptation of the traditional style cobb dips with a Mexican Chilli Chicken dish filling.
The dip is another in my “manfood range.” It’s ideal for eating whilst sitting under a blanket and watching the footy.
Mexican Chilli Chicken Dip
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded roast chicken
- 1 jar "Chicken Tonight" Chicken Parmigiana sauce
- 1/4 cup diced Jalapeno El Paso
- 2 Tbs vinegar from the El Paso Jalapeno jar
- 400 gm canned corn drained
- 1 cobb loaf
- Heat the oven to 150 degrees.
- Cut the top of the cobb loaf and remove the bread from the inside. Leave a centimetre of bread around the crust for loaf structure.
- The bread which was removed from the loaf will be toasted and used for dipping. Place the cobb, the lid and the bread pieces on a baking tray and toast.
- In a large bowl add the "Chicken Tonight" Parmigiana sauces, shredded chicken, corn, jalapeno, and vinegar. Mix until combined.
- Place the chicken mixture in the microwave and heat on high for 3 minute or until hot.
- Remove the cobb from the oven when it is crusty.
- Just before serving, place the chicken mixture in the cobb and serve with corn chips and the reserved bread.
This dip may be a tasty, quick snack with chips or in the cobb, but the filling is very versatile and can be used in many other dishes.
The Mexican Chilli Chicken filling can be added to a tortilla wrap with lettuce, cheese and sour cream to make a simple but complete meal.