Hi everyone and welcome to another month of the Chocolate Party. This months challenge was to make a chocolate treat using coffee as the complimentary ingredient.
I love my morning cup of coffee but this challenge was a difficult one. I am the only household member who is addicted to the coffee and I certainly didn’t want to be eating all the baked treats on my own!
Then I remembered how everyone loves my brownies and I decided I would adapt my double choc brownie recipe for the challenge.
I am pleased to report that it was a complete success. The brownies were delicious, I now have an empty cake platter and my waistline is intact.
- 2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 250gm butter
- 75gm dark chocolate (melted)
- Brownie Topping
- 300gm dark chocolate (melted)
- 1/2 cup Nestle Condensed Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 t/s vanilla
- 200gm macadamia halves
- 100gm dark chocolate bits
- 1 t/s instant coffee.
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Line a brownie tray with grease proof paper.
- Food process the dry ingredients for the base with the butter until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the melted chocolate and pulse until it has combined and made a chocolate dough.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 20 mins.
- Melt the 300gm chocolate with condensed milk.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little before stirring through the coffee, nuts, vanilla and eggs.
- Add the chocolate bits and spread the mixture over the base.
- Return the brownie to the oven and bake for 15mins or until set.
- Cool in the tin and cut into squares.
This is a link up so please take a look below at all the other delicious Chocolate and Coffee recipes below posted by my fellow participants.
This months Chocolate Party was hosted by Roxana’s Home Baking and myself.