Do I have your attention yet readers! Mushroom Pate with Truffle Oil!
OMG! …and it’s vegan, dairy free and gluten free!… and totally amazing!
I have a secret obsession with truffle at the moment… well perhaps it’s not that much of a secret, as just an outright obsession. I can’t get enough of that alluring, intoxicating fungi.
So when I saw Daisy from “Never Too Sweet” eating up all of the Melbourne mushrooms during the “Mushroom Mania” promotion, I decided I needed to jump on this band wagon and contribute my favourite mushroom and truffle recipe.
It’s so quick, easy and nutritious! The addition of balsamic vinegar to the pate and a lovely film of quality truffle oil to the top lifts this recipe to sublime.
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 500gm mixed mushrooms chopped
- 5 springs fresh thyme
- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200gm cashews freshly roasted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs quality truffle oil
- salt to taste
- Sauté the oil, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and thyme until fragrant and cooked.
- Add the mushroom mixture and all the other ingredients (except the truffle oil) to a food processor and pulse until the desired consistency has been reached.
- If necessary a little water can be added.
- Chill prior to serving.
- Top with a layer of truffle oil and serve with grilled sourdough.
So there you have my very decadent Vegan Mushroom Pate with Truffle Oil. If you wanted to added a shaving of black truffle to the top of the pate I would totally approve.
I hope you enjoy the recipe. It really is simple, but with complex flavours that are really kind of special.