We all love a good food and wine festival so at the bottom of this story we have a fantastic giveaway! 2 Lucky readers will win a double pass to the festival, and get to take home Two Italian Boys and some Mad Pizza… but more about that in a minute!
Vino Paradiso is a three-day event taking place at the Australian Technology Park. It will provide an amazing opportunity for Australian wine and food enthusiasts to enjoy, interact and engage with Australia’s best wine, food, craft beer, cider and spirit influencers and producers.
At Vino Paradiso, Sydneysiders and beyond will have the opportunity to participate in the Vino Paradiso Masters program, a series of progressive masterclasses hosted by Vino Paradiso Tastemakers and as well as the opportunity to taste wine, food, craft beer, cider, spirits and cocktails onsite in a design-savvy, lounge bar-like environment. Festival go-ers will also be able to purchase product and produce to take home.
So who are the Tastemakers:
- Darren Robertson, one of Australia’s rock star chefs from Sydney’s Three Blue Ducks and co-host of Network Ten’s Recipe to Riches has come on board as the Vino Paradiso Culinary Tastemaker
- Vino Paradiso Biodynamic Wine Tastemaker Peter Windrim who is the savvy, young winemaker at Krinklewood Biodynamic Vineyard
- Vino Paradiso Cocktail Tastemaker Grant Collins who is one of the world’s most experienced and acclaimed mixologists
- Vino Paradiso Wine Sommelier Tastemaker Sarah Limacher from The Keystone Group
- Vino Paradiso Sake Tastemaker Slava Beliakova who is one of Australia’s first sake sommeliers
- Vino Paradiso Beer Tastemaker Oscar McMahon from rock’n’roll brewery Young Henrys
- Vino Paradiso Cider Tastemaker Ian Rayner who is head brewer from Western Australia’s biodynamic cider company Custard & Co.
- Vino Paradiso International Wine Tastemaker Tom Egan who is the winemaker at Jed’s Wines and Wine Importer at Porteño restaurant in Sydney
Vino Paradiso will be held at the Australian Technology Park and the entire event aims to bring the outdoor festival, indoors in a fun, interactive, stylish, music and art fuelled context.
Key activities that are part of Vino Paradiso include:
The Great Wall of Wine and Treasure Hunt: As part of the unique Vino Paradiso offering, the festival will include an architecturally designed wall that features a bottle of wine donated from every wine exhibitor showcasing at the festival. Consumers will be able to participate in an event wide treasure hunt that will encourage attendees to visit & interact with exhibitors, and then go into the draw to win each bottle of wine on display as part of the Great Wall of Wine. The wall will be given away to a visitor every session!
Grape Crushing: Vino Paradiso will be bringing the process of wine making to the city with purpose built oak barrels filled with grapes set up & ready for consumers to experience this once-in-a-lifetime, get your feet tingling experience.
Vino Paradiso Masters program with Australia’s most influential wine and food influencers: Get up close and personal with Australia’s tastemakers and influencers through unique, engaging and interactive masterclasses.
Live Art Installations: Over the course of three days, a selection of Sydney’s leading artists will be creating a mural on the Great Wall of Wine. At the close of the event, each panel will be auctioned with proceeds going to our charity partner.
Vino Paradiso kicks off on Friday October 31 for three days. Session times are:
Friday October 31: 11.30am – 4.30pm
Friday October 31: 5.30pm – 10.00pm
Saturday November 1: 11.30m – 4.30pm
Saturday November 1: 5.30pm – 10.00pm
Sunday November 2: 12:00pm – 6pm
Tickets are on sale now from $25.
For more information visit
Instagram/Twitter: @VinoParadiso #vinoparadiso
Two lucky Gourmet Getaways readers will be winning the ultimate Paradiso Vino Festival experience.
The fabulous prizes (2 x in total) will include:
- DOUBLE PASS TO VINO PARADISO
- $60 MAD PIZZA E BAR VOUCHER
- 2 BOTTLES OF WINE FROM TWO ITALIAN BOYS
- Paella Pizza – Garlic prawns, chorizo sausage, peas, roast peppers, red onion & smoked paprika aioli
- Fungi Pizza – Fat field mushrooms, rosemary, fetta & rocket leaves w/ white truffle oil
- Limoncello Shots
- Aperol Spritz Cocktail
- Rose Wine
- White Wine
- Red Wine
So hurry for your chance to win!
Our wonderful sponsors of this giveaway are;
MAD PIZZA E BAR
We are ‘Mad’ about creating the most unique pizza experience in Australia. Our labour of love started in Sydney, from our belief in a demand for a healthier option, unseen in this country before. So we developed the Super thin & Healthy Pizza base, and topped it with only the finest of ingredients. We then employed the friendliest of staff, and found the coolest of locations, with the funkiest of soundtracks along the way; with this we believe we have one of the most unique, health conscience and authentic pizza experiences in Australia!
It has taken thousands of hours of tasting and testing by friends, family and customers alike, culminating in our version of the prefect pizzeria. So do as the Italian’s do and that’s to eat with love and laughter. Salute!!
Mad Pizza e Bar will be showcasing the following items at Paradiso Vino.
Show the guys some social media love.
TWO ITALIAN BOYS
Pick up Two Italian Boys tonight!
(What a great offer hey readers)
The passion for a good drop and good food brought us together. Making Wines that compliment the food we love is our business.
We live in Australia but our origins are Italian. Its from there, we learnt the ancient Art of Wine making and the secrets that have been passed down from generation to generation.
Highly innovative techniques, combined with a deep respect for tradition have given life to our unique range of wines.
From one friend sharing a bottle with another our Winery has grown.
Today we have friends sharing our Wines all over the World and were loving it!
The Boys will be showcasing the following beverages at Paradiso Vino;
Let’s share the social media love;
Get along to Paradiso Vino and see Two Italian Boys and Mad e Pizza in action from 31st October to 2 November 2014.
Tickets are available by following the link.