Sometimes it takes me a little while to photograph the things I make. The White Christmas Rocky Road took a particularly long time! It was so easy to make, the kids even helped, but I just didn’t get a chance to take the pictures.
When I run short of time the family knows not to sample the goods until the photos have been completed, but I know I am taking to long when even Mr GG is on my back.
“Ah, so… um… when are you planning to photograph the White Christmas Rocky Road?” he inquired tentatively.
I told him I didn’t have time at the moment, and besides it had to be at room temperature to cut nicely. The slice would have to sit out for an hour or so first.
I will give him points for trying; he then asked if he could just cut some off the end.
I knew where we would end up, I would be making a whole new White Christmas Rocky Road.
The rule in our house is that if it hasn’t been cut, chances are you are not allowed to be the first. Once the first piece is taken there is the assumption the item is fair game!
White Christmas Rocky Road
- 375 gm White Chocolate
- 100 gm White Marshmallow halved
- 85 gm red glace cherries halved
- 85 gm pistachio nuts peeled weight
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- Prepare a brownie tray with baking paper or aluminum foil.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave safe bowl. Heat in 1 minute bursts and stir periodically.
- Allow the chocolate to come to room temperature.
- Gently stir the remaining ingredients through the white chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared tray and refrigerate.
I guarded the slice for nearly a week before I had time to photograph it. As I took the sweet treat to the studio for the moment under lights, I sent the off cuts to the family as teasers.
The Rocky Road was very well received. By the time I finished photographing and cleaning up there was less than 1/3 of the slice left!
If you’re looking for a simple Christmas Rocky Road recipe for the kids to make, this is the recipe for you, it is so quick and easy.