Christmas morning is very special in our house. Having gorgeous children means that Santa is very generous. By the time the first rays of sun have started to light the sky, the kids are happy opening presents and playing with their toys. Once the initial excitement of Santa has worn off we usually have a special breakfast of Christmas Berry Pancakes.
We enjoy making pancakes and it’s already been decided that we will be making Christmas Berry Pancakes for breakfast.
I think that I have the best ever pancake recipe. It’s basic, easy, and never fails. I thought I should share it with my lovely readers.
I’m sure regular readers would know it’s all about the taste! So how do my pancakes taste? They’re sweet and delicious, perfect for a special breakfast.
Christmas Berry Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups SR Flour
- 1 t /spoon baking powder
- 2 Tb /s caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 60 gm butter
- 1 cup milk
- 250 gm mixed berries
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- Combine eggs, milk and butter in a 1 litre jug and use a stick blend to combine.
- Place all the dry ingredients on top of the liquids and use the stick blender to mix until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. (Can be refrigerated overnight. But if preparing for cooking the next day add the baking powder to the mixture just prior to cooking in the morning)
- Chop mixed berries and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the berries and stir.
- Place the berries in the fridge and allow to macerate. This will produce soft sweet fruit with a delicious fruity syrup.
The Christmas Berry Pancakes makes a fantastic centrepiece on the breakfast table. We pile each pancake high with fruit and use some of the fruit syrup to add sweetness.
Tomorrow I have another pancake recipe for you which uses a delicious Macadamia Maple butter piled high with bananas. What do you like to have for breakfast Christmas morning? Or do you save your belly space for lunch 😉
I’m getting excited, only 3 more sleeps until Santa comes!