Merry Christmas all! I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and is now looking forward to the New Year. I’m already planning for a delicious New Year’s cocktail party and these Ham Cheese Puffs will be part of the menu.
At this time of year I like to keep food simple, so we tend to serve a lot of finger food. Today I’m sharing a simple but delicious recipe with readers.
I’m sure everyone has plenty of leftover Christmas ham in the fridge. My Ham Cheese Puff Pastry Twists will help to use up those leftovers and feed guests as they stop by.
In this recipe we used triple smoked ham and some tasty matured cheese. It was twisted into long strips of readymade puff pastry for a cheesy decadent pastry treat.
This is another recipe that our French exchange student shared with us. It’s a food that Romane associates with the Christmas New Years period so we knew we would have to make it to remind her of home.
Ham Cheese Puffs w Savoury Fig JamPrint Recipe
- 3 sheets readymade puff pastry
- 150 gm thinly sliced triple smoked ham
- 150 gm thinly sliced mastured tasty cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbs poppy seeds
- 2 Tbs sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. (350 Fahrenheit)
- Line 3 baking trays with baking paper.
- Cut each of the puff pastry sheets into four strips.
- Place the ham and cheese on the pastry and then twist and press to seal.
- Secure the twists with toothpicks.
- Beat the egg yolk
- Brush the pastries with egg yolk.
- Sprinkle the pastries with the mixed seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve hot with the savoury fig jam.
Serve the Ham Cheese Puffs with the Savoury Fig Jam recipe I shared with you a few days ago. These crunchy pastries with salty ham and melted cheese are the perfect flavour match with the fig jam. Best of all these little cocktail snacks are so quick and easy to make.
You will be eating them straight out of the oven, and I promise you won’t be able to stop at just one!
How do you use up your leftover Christmas ham?